One of our biggest goals is to make the abroad experience accessible and affordable to as many young people as possible, regardless of race, gender, culture, background, or identity. We're proud to offer a partial program scholarship to candidates who reflect these values and wish to help build a more diverse Sage Corps community.
Sage Corps and Diversity
Since 2013, Sage Corps has been promoting diversity in each of our programs. Here are a few of the strides we've made towards bringing diversity to the intern abroad space:
- According to the Institute of International Education, more than 70% of college students who go abroad are white. To compare, out of every student Sage Corps has ever sent abroad, roughly 50% are minorities.
- Through our efforts to reach minority groups, 18% of our past Fellows have come from critically underrepresented populations in tech.
- In 2017, Sage Corps and its partners awarded a total of $60k in scholarships to students who would have been otherwise unable to participate in our program.
How does the scholarship work?
- Diversity scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and can be applied towards select programs.
- Most scholarship amounts are for $1,000 but may increase based on need.
- To be eligible, make sure you have also submitted a program application. You will not be considered for the scholarship until your application file is complete.
- Sage Corps will inform you of your scholarship application outcome once you have been accepted to the program. Scholarships cannot be applied towards the program deposit fee.