INTERN ABROAD IN SYDNEY
Sydney is a business hub that embraces sustainability, culture, and outdoor living. Interested in working with companies related to health, wellness, and active lifestyles? This is the startup scene for you. This is an emerging start up hub with lots of growth happening— be ready to hustle. With its laid-back beach culture, networking is particularly important for budding entrepreneurs in Sydney. Forming authentic, real connections with people you meet here can be your biggest asset. If you’re not afraid to put yourself out there and take risks, you’ve got what it takes to make a splash in this beautiful city.
- Make the most of your summer by spending 8-weeks in Sydney, gaining valuable work experience at a startup across a variety of industries
Live with other Sage Corps interns in centrally located apartment style housing
Find out why The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Global Liveability Index put Sydney in the top 3 most livable cities in the world thanks to it’s amazing culture, environment and infrastructure
Spend your weekends exploring Sydney’s famous beaches, cafes, and nightlife in what is also one of the world’s safest cities
Gain unique global experience that will make you stand out in future job interview
Internships at startups in Sydney include sales/business development, digital marketing, data analytics, software development, UX/UI design, graphic design and finance/business analytics across a variety of industries.
- Intern in a communications role with Start Some Good, a supportive crowdfunding platform for social enterprises, nonprofits and changemakers.
- Ankor Software (SaaS) is an all-in-one service for the Yacht Chartering industry. Ankor makes bookings, creating itineraries, and collecting guest preferences easy. They are growing rapidly and excited to host more interns. Previous UX/UI and graphic design interns have been responsible for creating content for their website.
- Loadin.com is a platform used to communicate with professionals in the music and festival industry, making performance day a breeze! Previously, Loadin.com has hosted business analytics interns who have conducted market research and created a strategic plan for Loadin.com’s expansion to the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Relio is an app designed to connect locals with their city. Relio also uses smart analytics to help businesses learn more about the needs of their customer base. Learn more about events happening around Sydney while you intern in data analytics.
How does this program work?
- Apply on our Website – it’s free to start your application and apply in under 10 minutes.
- Interview with Sage Corps – we want to learn more about you and see if you are a good fit for the program.
- Accept Offer – Selected candidates will receive an offer to join our program. To accept, you will sign our enrollment agreement and make your initial program payment to secure your spot.
- Enroll in Skills Academy – You will start your hard and soft skill training online in your selected track to help prepare you for your internship.
- Interview with Startup – Based on your internship role and location preferences, we will match you with a startup for an interview.
- Pre-Departure Process – We will prepare you to go abroad. This means help with everything from applying for your visa to booking flights. We will book your housing and medical insurance for you.
- Intern Abroad – Arrive in Sydney for your orientation program and then start your 8-week internship. You will attend included cultural activities with your cohort and our staff.
- Join our Alumni Network – after the program you join our alumni network with networking and career opportunities.
- 3.0 min GPA to apply*
- Currently enrolled university student or recent graduate
- All majors are eligible to apply
- All internships are conducted in English unless discussed otherwise
*If you fall below the GPA requirement you will be asked to provide an additional GPA statement.
You have the option to receive academic credit for this program through our School of Record, Trinity. Students typically earn between 3-6 credits and there is an additional $350 cost for the transcript. Learn more.
Sage Corps Orientation
Our orientation program is designed to acquaint you with your new home and prepare you to make the most out of your internship. You will meet your local staff and the other Sage Corps interns in your city cohort.
You will meet with your cohort throughout the program to participate in cultural events. Our staff will plan an event schedule specific to your time in the city. Past cohorts attended activities such as a pitch night at popular startup co-working space, Fishburners, and meet in the city to see the National Indigenous Art Fair to learn about aboriginal culture and art.
Your housing is pre-arranged as part of your program. All housing is shared apartment style accommodation with other Sage Corps interns in the city and near public transportation. Although placement locations vary, all housing is within commuting distance of your host company.
Your Sydney City Managers are your go-to local staff during your time abroad. You will meet them upon arrival and they will support you as needed throughout the program.
Sage Corps closely monitors students’ health and safety during our programming. We work with our international medical insurance provider, the U.S. State Department, local government authorities, and our in-country staff to ensure our students’ health and safety.
Learn more about our Health & Safety protocols here.
February 1, 2024 – Priority Application Deadline
March 1, 2024 – Regular Application Deadline*
March 20, 2024 – Late Application Deadline
June 15, 2024 – Arrive in Sydney
June 16-17, 2024 – Sage Corps Orientation
June 18, 2024 – Start Internship
August 9, 2024 – Internship Ends
August 10, 2024 – Program Ends
*Apply early to help increase your chance of getting you first or second choice location abroad.
Program fee and housing: $7,899
- Sage Corps Skills Academy
- Resume review
- Interview preparation training
- Pre-departure advising
- 8-weeks furnished housing
- 2-day Orientation
- Welcome, midpoint, and final cohort dinner
- Internship with startup
- 4 included group activities
- Medical insurance
- 24/7 local staff support
- An unforgettable summer abroad!
What’s not Included
- International flight ($1,400-2,000)
- Transport to/from the airport ($16 (public transportation), $50 (taxi)
- Visa for U.S. Passport holders – ($300)
- Food ($500/per month)
- Public transportation ($150/per month)
- eSIM or phone data ($30/per month)
- Laundry ($4 wash and dry)
- Gifts/Souvenirs ($200)
There are a variety of ways Sage Corps applicants typically fund their program, from university grants, external scholarships, partial Sage Corps scholarships, and parental support. Many of our internship placements also provide a small stipend to help reimburse students for basic costs while abroad. Learn more.