INTERN ABROAD IN AMSTERDAM
Amsterdam has a thriving startup ecosystem and was recently named the European Capital of Innovation by iCapital. With top incubators and co-working spaces for entrepreneurs that host hundreds of companies, the city continues to grow into a European startup leader. You will discover that Amsterdam is an ideal location to immerse yourself in a fast-paced startup environment, while enjoying the charm of a historic European city. Students looking to intern in Amsterdam this summer will not be disappointed by all that this city has to offer.
- Make the most of your summer by spending 8-weeks in Amsterdam, gaining valuable work experience at a startup across a variety of industries
- Live with other Sage Corps interns in apartment style housing
- Explore the city’s many museums and historical highlights including the Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank House
- Find out why Amsterdam is a city known for its quality of life, thanks to excellent infrastructure, safety, and environment
- Gain unique global experience that will make you stand out in future job interviews
Internships at startups in Amsterdam include sales/business development, digital marketing, data analytics, software development, UX/UI design, graphic design and finance/business analytics across a variety of industries.
Please note that these are just examples of placements from previous years. Internships depend on our startup partners and available roles for your term.
- Work in a business development or data analytics position for Sea Going Green and help minimize the impact the tourism industry has on the marine environment.
- Help make cross-border tuition payments easier for International Students with Finoo, Inc. Work in business development to help with the go-to Market Strategy or in software development to help build out their app so we can be one step closer to a future with borderless educational opportunities.
- Marketing or business development internship at SOUS where they are reimagining the future of sustainable home dining while reconnecting people with their food on a daily basis. Customers are connected with meal experiences from top chefs, restaurants and local food innovators from across the country through their platform.
How does this program work?
- Apply on our Website – it’s free to start your application and apply in under 10 minutes.
- Interview with Sage Corps – we want to learn more about you and see if you are a good fit for the program.
- Accept Offer – Selected candidates will receive an offer to join our program. To accept, you will sign our enrollment agreement and make your initial program payment to secure your spot.
- Enroll in Skills Academy – You will start your hard and soft skill training online in your selected track to help prepare you for your internship.
- Interview with Startup – Based on your internship role and location preferences, we will match you with a startup for an interview.
- Pre-Departure Process – We will prepare you to go abroad. This means help with everything from applying for your visa to booking flights. We will book your housing and medical insurance for you.
- Intern Abroad – Arrive in Amsterdam for your orientation program and then start your 8-week internship. You will attend included cultural activities with your cohort and our staff.
- Join our Alumni Network – after the program you join our alumni network with networking and career opportunities.
- 3.0 min GPA to apply*
- Currently enrolled university student or recent graduate
- All majors are eligible to apply
- All internships are conducted in English unless discussed otherwise
*If you fall below the GPA requirement you will be asked to provide an additional GPA statement.
You have the option to receive academic credit for this program through our School of Record, Trinity. Students typically earn between 3-6 credits and there is an additional $350 cost for the transcript. Learn more.
Sage Corps Orientation
Our orientation program is designed to acquaint you with your new home and prepare you to make the most out of your internship. You will meet our local staff and the other Sage Corps interns in your city cohort.
You will meet with your cohort throughout the program to participate in cultural events. Our staff will plan an event schedule specific to your time in the city. Past cohorts attended activities such as a fireside chat with entrepreneurs to learn more about sustainability, a museum tour and a guided tour of Amsterdam’s canal district.
Your housing is pre-arranged as part of your program. All housing is shared apartment-style accommodation with other Sage Corps interns in the city and near public transportation. Although placement locations vary, all housing is within easy commuting distance of your host company (less if you embrace the local bike culture).
Your Amsterdam City Managers are your go-to local staff during your time abroad. You will meet them upon arrival and they are there to support you as needed during your program.
Sage Corps closely monitors students’ health and safety during our programming. We work with our international medical insurance provider, the U.S. State Department, local government authorities, and our in-country staff to ensure our students’ health and safety.
Learn more about our Health & Safety protocols here.
February 1, 2024 – Priority Application Deadline
March 1, 2024 – Regular Application Deadline*
March 20, 2024 – Late Application Deadline
June 2, 2024 – Arrive in Amsterdam
June 2-3, 2024 – Sage Corps Orientation
June 4, 2024 – Start Internship
July 26, 2024 – Internship Ends
July 27, 2024 – Program Ends
*Apply early to help increase your chance of getting you first or second choice location abroad.
Program fee and housing: $8,899
- Sage Corps Skills Academy
- Resume review
- Interview preparation training
- Pre-departure advising
- 8-weeks furnished housing
- 2-day Orientation
- Welcome, midpoint, and final cohort dinner
- Internship with startup
- 4 included group activities
- Medical insurance
- 24/7 local staff support
- An unforgettable summer abroad!
What’s not Included
- International flight ($1000-$1,700)
- Transport to/from the airport ($15 (public transportation), $75 (taxi)
- Visa for U.S. Passport holders – N/A
- Food ($500-$800/month)
- Public transportation ($150/month)
- Bike rental ($50/month)
- eSIM or phone data ($30/month)
- Laundry ($7 per wash/dry)
- Gift/Souvenirs ($200)
There are a variety of ways Sage Corps applicants typically fund their program, from university grants, external scholarships, partial Sage Corps scholarships, and parental support. Many of our internship placements also provide a small monthly stipend to help reimburse students for basic costs while abroad. Learn more.