One of our biggest goals is to make the abroad experience accessible and affordable to as many young people as possible, regardless of race, gender, culture, background, or identity. We're proud to offer partial program scholarships to candidates who reflect these values and wish to help build a more diverse Sage Corps community.
WHY WOMEN IN TECH?
Despite widespread global discussion and growing initiatives,
women are severely underrepresented in tech. Take these statistics into consideration:
- Women hold less than a quarter of all STEM jobs, and many of those who do end up leaving their careers due to limited opportunities and poor company culture.
- Only 17% of startup founders and 11% of Silicon Valley executives are women.
- And it all starts with education; for example, just about one in five engineering students and the same number of computer science students are female.
We're trying to help bridge the gap by incentivizing more female students to participate in tech internships through our global entrepreneurship program.
How does the scholarship work?
- Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and can be applied towards select programs.
- Most scholarship amounts are for $1,000 but may increase based on need.
- To be eligible, make sure you have also submitted a program application. You will not be considered for the scholarship until your application file is complete.
- Sage Corps will inform you of your scholarship application outcome once you have been accepted to the program. Scholarships cannot be applied towards the program deposit fee.