We know that deciding to send your son or daughter abroad requires a lot of thought and information. To that end, here is a brief introduction to answer common questions about our program.
Would you prefer to speak with someone on our team? Click here to find a time to chat.
WHY SAGE CORPS?Sage Corps' unique work abroad opportunity offers students an unparalleled global experience that will set them apart from their peers when competing for entry level jobs. Our Fellows have gone on to receive full-time jobs from Fortune 50 corporations (e.g. IBM, Amazon), consulting firms (e.g. McKinsey, Accenture, Oliver Wyman), investment banks (Deutsche Bank, Bank of America), startups (including their host startups), and some even found their own companies!
WHAT COSTS ARE INCLUDED?
- Sage Corps spends significant time and expense in building a personalized program for its selected Fellows, beginning with a vetting process for each participating host startup. A Sage Corps team member spends time in each country scouting available opportunities at high-growth startups.
- Sage Corps' full-time program covers housing at a pre-vetted location that is strategically located in the city with access to public transportation.
- All Fellows receive travel medical insurance that includes emergency evacuation.
- Sage Corps offers a pre-departure curriculum and in-country networking and professional event programming.
- For more information about our program services please see our PROGRAMS SERVICES AND PRICING page.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO ENSURE STUDENT SAFETY?
- Sage Corps has a country manager who is available in each location to handle issues on the ground. In addition, Sage Corps follows detailed safety procedures including:
- Requiring its students to register with the US State Department Smart Travel Program
- Purchasing emergency medical/travel health insurance for each student
- Maintaining address and contact information for students' housing and work office
- Setting up a phone tree/email listserve that we use for any type of emergency (student personal emergency, political risk, or natural disaster)
- More information is available on our Emergency Plan
WHEN WILL A STUDENT KNOW THEIR STARTUP MATCH, AND WHY SHOULD I PAY BEFORE THEN?Sage Corps has relationships with institutional investors all over the world. From this network, we vet 2-4 opportunities for each individual student at pre-vetted startups based on his/her skill set. However, an internship role cannot be confirmed until that student has signed a Student Agreement and paid a $1000 deposit. This step is a commitment to join Sage Corps, which then allows us to confirm a internship opportunity for that specific student abroad. The startup CEOs do not want to meet a student who MAY fly overseas to their host city.
“I experienced tremendous personal and professional growth during my summer in Buenos Aires. Through my internship experience, I broadened my front-end web development skills and gained insight into what it means to be an entrepreneur by working with a passionate team of individuals. I truly believe that the skills that I developed during this summer will be valuable in any context that I find myself in my future career path.”
-michaela osuji, harvard